Summer Holidays in Woolacombe
school’s out for summer! 🌞
If you’re looking to spend your summer beach holidays in Woolacombe this year, look no further these stylish, self-contained, spacious holiday apartments located right on the doorstep of the stunning Woolacombe Bay, the Times’ Beach of the Year!
It’s the perfect time getaway to the Byron Apartments in Woolacombe to try surfing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, or coasteering. With Byron’s range of partner deals with local businesses in Woolacombe, you can benefit from the best discounts when you book at Byron, whether you would like to book in for a surf lesson with Woolacombe Surf Centre, or a trek back in time to the Jurassic era with dinosaurs! Check out all our Partner Deals here.
With plenty of events taking place through the summer from Open Air Theatre Shows, Craft Fairs and Safari and Tractor Tours, Byron is the perfect place to be to enjoy the buzz of summer in Woolacombe.
As always, your home-from-home at Byron, will be comfortable and made for families to enjoy.
- All our bedrooms sleep up to two people and there are booking options to choose between single and double beds in the second bedrooms of our two bedroom accommodation.
- Choose between our one to four bedroom properties, our onsite team of experts can provide all the information you need to make the best choice for your holiday!
- We also have our Penthouse property selection including one property with its own hot tub on the terrace!
- Don’t forget we also have dog-friendly apartments!
- We will be thoroughly cleaning our apartments and general areas.
Make the most of your time at Byron and discover all the things you can do! Every guest can enjoy features such as;
- Byron’s indoor heated swimming pool ensures fun all year round!
- Come and relax in the Sauna… The heat from the sauna relaxes the body’s muscles, improves circulation and stimulates the release of endorphins.
- Work up a sweat in the gym! (No guilt trips if you don’t plan to use it either).
- A day by the sea, then a treatment for me! See our full treatment list here.
- Surf Sheds are allocated to each apartment to allow you to easily store your boards and beach items.
- Come play on our pool or foosball table (£1 per play). Something extra to keep children (and adults) entertained!
- Each apartment has an allocated parking space for the duration of your stay.
- We now also have electric charging points which can be booked for usage during your stay here!
- An outdoor shower for cleaning down post surf is available on the path to the right of the swimming pool up to the car park. There is also a handle to clean your four legged friends too!
- A member of our team is onsite daily 9am – 5pm to manage the onsite facilities. Make sure you come and say hello!
Plan your stay!
Once you’ve booked your break at Byron you may want to start to pre-book activities, make restaurant reservations (see below) and order items to your apartment before your arrival date, allowing you to really make the most of your stay and ensure that you don’t miss out!
- Enjoy Byron’s private indoor heated swimming pool and sauna facilities by booking your slot ahead of your stay. Please use the booking page to book your slot at the Byron leisure suite up to two weeks prior to your arrival. Opening hours are 9-5pm
- Book some ME-time for the parents! See our full treatment list here.
- If your hands are full then there is no doubt your cars will be too, we have you covered! Don’t forget to book a cot and highchair for your littlest of guests to ensure they are ready and waiting in your property on arrival.
- For that extra special touch why not treat your loved ones (and yourself) to a luxury hamper, made in Woolacombe, plastic-free and with freshly made North Devon produce placed in your apartment on arrival.
Woolacombe village offers a variety of pubs, restaurants and cafés for you to enjoy!
- There are a number of great restaurants & pubs close to Byron. Brundles’, The Jube, The Tides Inn and Bar Electric are all within Woolacombe with varied menus – perhaps good for lunch out or a casual dinner.
- For fine dining we recommend The Beach House Restaurant & Bar which offers lunch and dinner with a menu focusing on using local produce and seafood only from the best quality suppliers and freshest ingredients available for each and every dish, all served in a cosy and laid back environment.
- Miss Feas in Mortehoe is a lovely to walk to get there especially as you can also explore Morte Point close by. They serve more upmarket food then your usual Woolacombe café and enjoyed by many of our guests.
- A real must do would be ‘Curry on the Beach’ on Barricane Beach, running most nights throughout Spring/Summer it’s a very special place to sit and enjoy your dinner! You do need to bring your own tipple if drinking and a picnic blanket but it’s a wonderful way to enjoy the sunset and a really good authentic curry!
- Or if you prefer why not make the most of your luxury apartment and truly relax in the hands of a private local chef with Coastal Cooks!
- For more information and local recommendations please visit our restaurant recommendations page!
a stone’s throw away!
Woolacombe is the perfect place to be with a plethora of beautiful beaches and amazing activities on your doorstep. We have provided a few guides below to help you get started!
- Head down to the beach just a few minutes walk from our Byron apartments and enjoy a host of activities, from electric bike hire, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding or even kayaking. Check out our ‘Partners’ page for discounts on the best local hire companies!
- Woolacombe Beach has all you need for happier holidays. Nestling between rugged unspoilt Baggy Point and Mortehoe, Woolacombe is framed by the hills of Woolacombe Downs. For more information on the beach and our neighbouring beaches please read our Woolacombe guide!
- Discover some of the great National Trust walks around Woolacombe, Mortehoe and Ilfracombe. Enjoy beautiful views and exciting hikes over craggy cliff-tops and meandering country fields.
- For advice on where to take your four legged friends and to see some of the best walks that are suitable for them, you can click here!
- To save you time we have placed some handy guides below to ensure you can access all you need to plan your day out (or in!) including weather, surf and event guides!