A taste of Luxury in North Devon!
3 reasons why you should stay at
1 woolacombe west, byron woolacombe!
Welcome to ‘Woolacombe One’ at Byron. Situated in one of the most enviable locations at Byron, if not the village, this stunning three-bedroom penthouse demands spectacular views across Woolacombe’s award-winning beach and beyond.
Teamed with bespoke design accommodation which spares no limit to detail and a private rooftop terrace that wraps itself around the open-plan living-dining space, providing the perfect space to capture the magical Woolacombe sunrises and downers, it’s no wonder we see guests return year on year to this luxury retreat.
1. to enjoy a perfect stay in a Designer decorated penthouse with panoramic coastal views and fantastic onsite facilities.
A unique stay in this penthouse will include:
- Spectacular sunsets
- Private rooftop terrace of 80 m2 overslooking North Devon’s Woolacombe Bay (see pictures)
- Bespoke design accommodation with high standard furnishing (see pictures)
- Wedgewood China, Royal Dalton
- High-end Dutch cutlery
- Beds with special mattresses for an extra good night’s rest
- High-end designer couch and dining table with dining chairs
- Exclusive access for guests to use the indoor pool, sauna and gym
- Access to allocated onsite parking and onsite surf storage
2. to be immersed in A Foodies’ heaven….
North Devon is more than just its expanses of open beaches, rolling hills, untouched moorlands, and fabulous sunsets (although really, the sunsets!)
It’s a destination fast becoming renowned for its choice of Micheline star restaurants and high standard restaurant culture that would delight even the hardest to please food connoisseurs amongst us.
Here are our recommendations of the best places to eat whilst staying in Woolacombe One, North Devon!
1. Eating within your luxury self-catering apartment in Woolacombe!
Coastal cooks are a partner team providing restaurant class food in your home-from-home! Chef Graham Brundle has a distinguished international career, including being personal chef to Richard Branson and HRH King of Jordan as well as local roots and long-lasting bonds with local suppliers in the area.
A fantastic option for celebrating special events within the privacy and luxury of your stunning apartment!
2. The best restaurants in and around Woolacombe for fine dining
Celebrating a special occasion during your stay or just a foodie wanting to experience the North Devon gastronomic scene, this list will not disappoint. Host to an assortment of fine-dining restaurants and boutique eateries there is something to please all palettes.
- The Beach House, Woolacombe
- Pine Arms, East Down
- Number 8, Bideford
- Mason Arms, Knowstone
- The Seacliff Restaurant, Ilfracombe
- Thomas Carr, The Olive Room Ilfracombe
- The Antidote, Ilfracombe
- The Coach House at Kentisbury Grange, Kentisbury
- Maiden Arch, Barnstaple
- The Swan in, Bampton
- New Coast Kitchen, Croyde
- Acleaf, Dartmoor
- Huntsman court, Tiverton
- Gidleigh Park, Chagford
- Everfield Organic, Dartmoor
Our top pick – Noel Corston, Woolacombe, this fantastic restaurant is within a 100-metre radius of your luxury North Devon apartment – no taxis required!
Open for dinner reservations only, this hidden gem is a bucket list of a restaurant experience. Corston offers a single tasting menu only largely from the local UNESCO biosphere reserve.
3. Best pubs in and around Woolacombe!
When in Devon you don’t have to travel far by foot or car to find a good pub! From low beamed ceilings and historic pubs to seafront bistro, North Devon has a pub for every occasion. Here is our selection of the best pubs to dine at.
- Brundle’s Bar & Restaurant, Woolacombe
- The Tides Inn, Woolacombe
- The Jube, Woolacombe
- The Royal George, Appledore
- The Woolsery, Appledore
- The Riverside, Braunton
If you’re hungry to find out more, read our complete guide to the best pubs and restaurants in North Devon now!
3. to get out and enjoy the wildly diverse beaches, hilly and heritage walks surrounding your apartment!
After all that amazing food, there is nothing else but to get out and about and enjoy wildly diverse beaches, hilly coastal paths, and heritage walks!
See below for our top walks in and around Woolacombe!
For those who are happy to drive we recommend heading to the Lynton area which has some fabulous walks and is less than a 30 minute drive from the apartment!
Top walks include: