Byron Holidays Woolacombe Privacy Notice
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are?
Byron Holidays Woolacombe Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Byron Holidays Woolacombe Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 5644119 whose registered office address is RT Marke & Co , 69 High Street, Bideford, EX39 2AT
The personal information we collect and use
What information is collected by us?
If you contact us directly or via our website to make a booking, or to make a query about a current or future booking we will collect details that you give to us in relation to that booking or query. This information may include:-
– your name and contact details including telephone number, address and email address;
– date of birth;
– information about people in your party for the purposes of the booking such as dates of birth and names;
– your payment details.
If you own or manage a holiday property that you choose to let through us, we will collect the following information:-
– your name and contact details including telephone number, address and email address;
– bank details;
– information about the property you wish to let.
How will we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
– enable us to complete your booking of one of our properties;
– enable us to advertise your property for let, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services if your property is let through us;
– for statistical purposes when we evaluate the range of properties and services we have available;
– to tell you about other services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
– to manage any customer service queries;
– to help us provide details or information that you have requested; and
– to personalise repeat visits to our website or inform you about an incomplete booking.
Who will we share your personal information with?
In order for us to provide our services to you we may share your information with the following:-
– owners or agents of holiday properties, if you are making a booking with us;
– individuals who may be renting accommodation from you, if you are the property owner or agent;
– credit/debit card companies;
– suppliers of cleaning, gardening, maintenance and other services, if you are the property owner or agent;
We may also use and disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
How long will your personal information will be kept?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
If you have any questions in relation to our retention periods please contact us.
What is the legal basis upon which we may process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
– To Perform a Contract/Provide a Service
If you make a booking through us, we will use the details that you give us to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people in your party, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you let your holiday accommodation through us, or we provide property management services to you, we will use information such as your name, address, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let, to perform our agreement(s) with you.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide our booking, letting or property management services.
– Legitimate Interest
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst ensuring that your privacy is respected.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your email address with our technology/advertising providers (acting as data processors), for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us.
They may use this to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their platforms. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant platform. We also provide tracking opt-out links in our Website Terms.
We may also share your contact details with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
This is done in our legitimate interest of understanding our customers, marketing and advertising our services to them, and helping us to provide them with excellent levels of service.
We may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties so that they can tell you about their products and services.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
– Legal Obligation
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Updating your details
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for marketing purposes, then please contact us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
– fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
– access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
– require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
– require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
– receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
– object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
– object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
– object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
– otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
– email, call or write to us;
– let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details),
– let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
– let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 5 days for this to take place.
How will we keep your personal information secure?
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Do we monitor telephone calls?
We may, from time to time, record telephone calls you have with members of our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 8th November 2018 and last updated on 8th November 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to Byron, Beach Road, Woolacombe, Devon, EX34 7BS.