On The Doorstep
Local Charity Support this Christmas
This Christmas, Byron are supporting On The Doorstep, a locally based non-profit charity helping to deliver food and gift hampers for families who are unable to provide these items for their household. The charity has sadly seen an increase in demand after a year of hardship and uncertainty for many.
Byron would like to extend this opportunity to our wonderful owners and guests alike. The below words are from the charity founder.
“We now have present requests for 644 people and 49 food hampers for families. All of which are local. Ideally, we need all donations as soon as possible, this gives us a chance to see what we are short of and get things out to where they need to be.
Not everything goes in shoe boxes, a lot of our gifts for children go to Mums and Dads in a big bag with wrapping paper so they can see what they are giving their children and can get involved in the process of wrapping the presents. We give gift sets to parents so any complete and unopened gift sets male and female would be wonderful as we can wrap and distribute these.
We have also have an Amazon Gift List people can look to order from.
- We are unable to take second-hand toys at present and are only taking brand new toys.
- We can only accept brand new hats, scarves, gloves and socks.
- We also cannot accept sharp items such as razors or any used cosmetics.
- Any toiletries must be brand new unopened
We are still looking for:
- Lego/ Technic/ Meccano or equivalent
- Selection boxes
- Chocolate Oranges
- Food to help with 49 families
- Men’s and women’s socks
- Kids socks
- Gloves: men’s, women’s and kids
- Hats and scarves
- Dolls; barbies or equivalent, Sylvania families etc
- Brand new cuddly toys
- Toiletry and cosmetics gift sets – brand new and in their packaging
- Colouring books and pencils etc
If you wish to do a shoebox please wrap the base and lid separately and leave it open as some organisations need to check what’s in them before they go out to the people they support.
A big thank you again to everyone”.
If you would like to support this cause please have any of the above items delivered to Byron Reception within working office hours, currently, 9 am – 5 pm seven days a week.
Ordering through an online shop is absolutely fine, please have items addressed to Byron Reception, Woolacombe Holiday Lets, Beach Road, Woolacombe, EX34B 7BS.
The charity will be extremely grateful for any support they can receive this year.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,
The Team at Byron!