Please be assured we are working tirelessly to ensure we continue to provide our services in the safest way possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
We will update our guests on our business activities with regards to housekeeping and maintenance services at Byron Woolacombe.
Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock, and have taken extra precautions and stocked certified products to ensure the health and safety of our workforce and guests.
Please find below some of the precautions we are taking with our services going forward. This list is not exhaustive nor fixed as we will be continually reviewing and adjusting measures in line with government regulations and our own duty of staff and guest care. The methods below are steps we are taking
to protect everyone concerned:
|Housekeeping & Maintenance Assessment||Controls|
|Housekeeping and Maintenance Staff Safety||– Staff will be provided with upgraded PPE for housekeepers, to include: disposable aprons, masks, gloves & protective eyewear, and a new line of adequate disinfectants for use against COVID-19.|
– Staff will be given extra time for additional cleaning routine, this means that check-in time has now been moved to 5pm to allow for time for the extra measures needed.
– Inspire Housekeepers are are working to guidelines for social distancing if working in teams and use of hand sanitiser and regular washing of hands during changeovers as required.
– All vans will be completely sanitised at the end of each route.
– The maintenance team will wear PPE and we will politely ask the guests beforehand to distance for everyone’s safety.
|Guest Arrival and Stay||– All our keys left in key safes for guests will be checked and sanitised when the housekeeper leaves the property.|
We are not currently offering mid-stay changeovers until further notice, but we can collect and supply clean linen for guests using our safe process.
– Maintenance – If you have any issues with Housekeeping or Maintenance please call as normal 0333 577 3377. Any issues will be talked through over the phone as required.
– We will carry out “essential only” maintenance while guests are at a property. The staff will wear PPE and we will politely ask guests beforehand to distance for everyone’s safety.
|Further Changeover & Cleaning Processes by our Housekeeping & Maintenance Team||– Items of linen and guest provisions will be packed by housekeepers at least 96hrs before use and will only be handled with clean gloves at the end of changeovers. |
– Items of used linen, guest provisions and waste will be disposed of into sealed large plastic packs and tied for collection by our fleet of vans during or after changeovers.
– All items collected from properties will be stored securely at one of our housekeeper’s industrial units for 96hrs before forwarding to laundry or sorting.
– Extra measures during changeovers include, (but not limited to) cleaning cloths, mops and towels changed and disposed of within sealed bags at the end of use.
– Mattresses and protectors will be covered by additional sheets which are used for each guest only.
– Housekeepers have a strict routine for cleaning high use areas such as: door handles, frames, switches, lamps, stair banisters, keys, window handles, remote controls, thermostats, high chairs, travel cots, ovens, fridge, freezers, toasters, kettles, irons, hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, loos, sinks, taps, shower heads, soap dispensers, toothbrush holders, loo brush handles, shower heads, tables and chairs, external handles, bins, bin lids, external bins and lids, cleaning items such as brooms and brushes, garden furniture, shared entrances and key safes.
Byron apartments are fully serviced to ensure the comfort and convenience of your stay. See below for a list of services available.
The Local Area
A spectacular coastline of cliffs, coves, beaches, dunes and headlands, but that’s not all…