covid -19 response
Coronavirus Notice – We would like guests to know that we will update this page regularly as to your stay at Byron.
CORONAVIRUS LATEST INFORMATION
Following the latest hotels and other guest accommodation guidance, we are pleased to confirm that all guest accommodation can open for leisure stays including guest access to our on-site leisure facilities, which includes the sauna and games room. We ask that those using the games room sanitise their hands before use, and use the sprays and wipes provided prior to using the facilities.
Please note the following:
- The Byron pool and gym will remain bookable via online slots. The slots will be restricted to ensure capacity and social distancing can be maintained. Facilities open with pool bookable up to three households maximum (12-15 people capacity) via online booking form.
2. Our existing robust Covid safety measures will remain in place for the safety of our staff and guests.
3. *Full Booking Terms & Conditions can be found on our FAQ page.
4. We do ask for understanding at this time should any of our facilities and guest service desk hours have to change at short notice. Our guest services team is just a small team of core staff, so even one or two staff members having to self-isolate has a huge impact on how they can operate, and in many instances means that facilities will be forced to close or reduce their opening hours/days.
5. Eateries, restaurants and shops in Woolacombe village will also re-open in alignment with the latest government guidance, although you are advised to check with each establishment on their individual rules.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01271 871339. We are very excited to be able to open up Byron fully once again.
Take care and stay safe,
The Byron Team.
Deferrals / Rebooking
If you have booked a visit to Byron you may find that your stay has been affected by the latest Government guidance on self isolation. Please contact us on email@example.com or 01271 871339 to discuss how we can help move your booking.
If we are within 6 weeks of the stay, as per our terms and conditions please note the following:
- The booking fee (30% deposit) is non refundable from the time of booking.
- Where we seek to re-let the property, should we fill the booking you will receive the balance repaid to you. If the property cannot be relet you will be liable for the full payment and we are afraid no monies will be returned to you.
- Should the property be re-let, we are then able to offer to you that you defer your stay to another date free of charge. This then allows us to transfer the 30% deposit paid to the new booking.
In these uncertain times, it is reassuring to know that if you are unable to travel to take your holiday because of a national or local lockdown, that the cottages in this collection will guarantee that you will get a full refund. Please note that the refund guarantee applies only to the address given on the booking at the time of booking being put in a lockdown, and when the travel restriction coincides with the period of your holiday.
The refund guarantee covers national and local lockdowns, but does NOT cover you (or members of your party) for being unable to travel because you (or a member of your party) fall ill with Covid, or are required to quarantine or self-isolate. These events can be covered by you taking out travel insurance. There are a number of policies that include cover for illness with Covid and self-isolation (example links below), and a lot of bank annual travel policies also cover this. Alternatively, you can look for suitable cover on comparison sites such as .
We are not selling, promoting, endorsing or recommending any particular product, and do not benefit financially from, nor have any formal relationship with, any of these providers.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Take care and stay safe,
The Byron Team
There have been no suspected cases of COVID-19, either from Byron guests or our team.
Brundle’s bar & restaurant
Choose to relax in the main restaurant, chill out at the bar or soak up the sun on our outdoor dining decking area.
The Local Area
A spectacular coastline of cliffs, coves, beaches, dunes and headlands, but that’s not all…